I have been inspired by iheartorganizing’s monthly challenge which is “The Linen and the Loo” this month. I abhor junk drawers, clutter, and anything that you just have to throw in a big bin and then root around for when you need it. I have to admit, I still had a couple drawers in the bathroom that housed random stuff. When I needed something I had to open each drawer and look the through the unorganized junk to find what I needed. It definitely wasn’t working for me!
I’m happy that I found an excellent solution, and it’s working well! The pocket organizer to the rescue:
Here’s the details:
- This thing was only $4.99 at Ikea! How’s that for affordable storage? (I think you can find something similar in lots of places.
- It fits over the door so it really doesn’t take up any extra space. It came with the hooks that work really nicely. It’s also ideal for a bathroom like mine where there really isn’t any spot for extra storage (not even washrags or towels).
- This thing holds a ton of stuff! There are three more rows below that I couldn’t get into the picture. Each pocket is fairly big as well.
- I have all sorts of bathroom items including scrub brushes, cleaners, washrags, hair ties, band aids, toothpaste, toothbrush, nail stuff, lotion, etc.
- The thing that makes it so functional (and prettier) are the labels! That way I know exactly what goes where and there’s no wondering. The surface is not smooth, so I first put a strip of packing tape on each pocket so that the labels would stick. (You can find the labels in my shop.)
Next week, I’ll share how I organize my linen closet.
What are you bathroom or linen organizing tricks?